Friday, October 3, 2008

She is Here!!!


Macie Carol Hancock

9-23-08
6 lbs 13 oz
19 inches

Well Macie is here. I'm a little slow on getting this updated, but we've been a little busy!! You forget how demanding a newborn is, and WOW what a difference 3 kids is from 2!!

She did give us a little scare the first night in the hospital, and they did end up flying her to Tucson. She had a couple spells where she quit breathing so they thought it was best to send her and have her monitored. It was really hard to let them take her away in the helicopter without us, but Chris left right after they did, and got to be with her right away. Because of my c-section there were a few things the Dr wanted me to do before he would release me, but I did get to go that day and made it up there to be with her. We were there for 3 days, and nothing more happened. They said that it was pretty common for babies to gag on mucus and milk and close off their airway to avoid getting fluid in their lungs when they are first born. Who knew? So anyways we are home now and she is doing great.
I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and calls of support. This was for sure the scariest thing we've ever been thru- we made it, and have a health little girl.



Mom meeting Macie



Dad lending his finger!!




Big brother



Big sister



Mom and her girls!



Dad and Macie in Tucson


Mom and Macie first day at home




Macie 4 days old

6 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

Ohh my goodness she is precious. I just love her. I am glad that she is doing ok. She has a ton of hair. I love it. I hope the adjust from 2 to 3 kids goes good for you. You look really good. I am so happy for you guys. Take care.

Jileen said...

My mom told me about her being flown to Tucson. I was so sad and scared for you but I am sure glad it all turned out ok. She is gorgeous and I can't wait to meet her at the Hancock reunion next summer. I have to say, watching Chris hold that itty bitty baby pulls at my heart strings. He is such a good daddy! So glad to hear that things are coming along ok. And yes, three kids certainly bump it up a notch. My only advice is...just roll with it! :)

Love you!

Steph said...

Jen and chris congratulations! Macie is SO cute, she DOES look a lot like Colby, that's the first thing I thought. Your kids are beautiful and getting so big. You are often in my thoughts and prayers, sorry i don't correspond well. Take care and love to all!

sophie said...

Hey Jennifer! I had no idea you were on blogger - what a nice surprise! Your children are absolutely beautiful...Macie is so cute! And what a cute name. Time seems to have flown by..can you believe I'm married and expecting? Crazy, huh?! I couldn't be happier, though. :)

Hope you're doing great...keep in touch!

Audra said...

YEAH....She is home. I just love the picture of the three of you in the delivery room what an awesome moment to share with everyone. I hope that you are settling in and trying to get things back to normal. Take care of yourself. I miss seeing you guys.

lofgreenlegacy said...

OOOh, she is so precious. I miss them when they are that little. I just can't tell Dave that:) I'm so glad that everything is ok. How scary for you guys. Congratulations!!!