Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dang, it's been a while!!

Well it's finally updated-- for now anyways. Thanks Shell for reminding me that I'm a slacker :)

Snake Count

You may be tired of hearing about this, but as long as we keep having them, I'm posting about them. Our count for this year is 5. That would be 4 in the front yard in the grass, and 1 in the back yard. We actually had 3 snakes in 1 day!! 1 bull snake in the morning. Chris convinced me into leaving it in the grass because it would keep the rattlesnakes away. BOY WAS HE WRONG! Later that afternoon when he got home from work we were headed out the front door and we spotted a rattlesnake in the grass. He killed it, walked to the back yard and opened up the sprinkler system control box, and there was another rattlesnake in there. Really 3 snakes in one day is WAY to much for me!! Chris's parents are bringing us some snake repellent tomorrow-cross your fingers that it works!!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

How crazy! That would be way too many rattlesnakes for me too! We've only had king and gardner snakes around here- and we've kept them around, so I hope we don't end up with rattlesnakes also!! Scary!

Windsor World said...

Jennifer, I gotta say I read your blogs and when you post about snakes.. I read and kinda just think man that must suck...we'll let me tell you I have found a new apprication for you!!! I had a little rattlesnake in my back yard yesterday...freaked the crap out of me! I don't see how you have dealt with so many of them...I feel like my freedom is gone cause now instead of just sending the kids out without worry I am constantly looking around and worring while they are out playing..I think what's the chances another one would come back here...then I remember your blog..3 in one day! I need to move back to the city!! :D